Seeing Through the Fog of War
October 19, 2023
Israel Policy Forum
On this week’s episode, IPF Atid Director Shanie Reichman returns to the podcast to discuss the ongoing Israel-Hamas war with Tel Aviv-based journalist Neri Zilber. They reflect on Israelis’ trauma almost two weeks after the devastating October 7 attacks, discuss the explosion at al-Ahli hospital in Gaza and the role of misinformation, unpack President Biden’s visit to Israel and the state of U.S.-Israel ties, and provide an overview of how the conflict has impacted other states in the region.
Support the show
- In this week’s Koplow Column, Chief Policy Officer Michael Koplow outlined three key issues that Israeli leaders should grapple with as they prepare to destroy Hamas in Gaza.
- Writing in The Messenger, Michael outlined the implications of self-identified progressives abandoning American Jews in the wake of October 7th.
- In The Christian Science Monitor, Israel Policy Pod host Neri Zilber unpacked the uncertainty surrounding how Israel plans on achieving its aims in Gaza.
- On this week’s Israel Policy Pause, Senior Policy and Communications Associate Alex Lederman recapped President Biden’s emergency visit to Israel this week.
- Watch this week’s Israel Policy Briefing with Haaretz Military Correspondent Amos Harel on the latest development on the ground and Israel’s strategic challenges.
- For all of our resources on the ongoing Israel-Hamas war, including a timeline of events from 1949 until now, explore our new Israel at War webpage.